February 13, 2020

This Was Fun!...

Brynwood Needleworks - Completed Handbag From Denim Jacket
 
Here are the photos I promised of my latest commission. I really had fun working out this custom bag. I didn't have or use a pattern. I sat down with the jacket that had been sent to me, decided which features of the bag I wanted to use (in addition to my client's request that I use one of the breast pockets), and then sat down and drew out the design to present to my client. (My presentation sheet is in these photos behind the bag.)

In my spec sheet, I listed my target bag size, and when I measured the finished bag...spot on! (I was a bit chuffed over that!) I utilized many of the design features of the jacket, adding zippered compartments, inside and out. I used all of the lining fabric from the jacket to create the bag and pocket linings. I used the Harley-Davidson patch supplied by my client. The chain between two of the jacket button/rivets was my finishing touch (and I really love it).

Yesterday, I sent photos of the finished bag to my client, and received a most enthusiastic reply. Knowing my client is already so happy with my work product is most satisfying. It was time well spent.

EDIT: 02/13/2020 - I only just found out that this jacket belonged to the father of my client's daughter. I thought it belonged to her daughter. It was very special to the daughter, so I was asked to preserve it in a new form that the daughter could use. I'm so glad that they're happy with the result, and that I honored her father with my creation of something new from something treasured.

I'm going to finish that second sock today, and Handsome asked for homemade cookies. So, cookies there shall be. Then, tonight is training night for our county poll workers. I'll be working for the election board in Wisconsin again this year, and that's guaranteed to be exciting. Right?
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. It's awesome!
    She will love it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Donna Dear! This bag represents the perfect combination of your client’s well worn jacket and wishes. Your vision is spot on! The chain is the finishing touch for certain! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Donna, what a wonderful way to preserve and use this creative keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna the bag is fabulous,how lovely to regenerate an well loved jacket. You’re a very clever lady.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna