February 8, 2020

Miscellany...

Brynwood Needleworks - Rascal (front) and Rocket (back)

Today's post will be as varied as my Friday was. I had a busy day, but also had a little fun. It began with a trip out to the "habitat" to pull my SD card. I wanted to see what my trail cam captured over the past few evenings.

In addition to Biggie, Squirt, and Ralph (the three resident opossums), I've seen these two bandits visiting in the wee hours of the morning. They've got names now, too. The cutie in the foreground I named Rascal, and the furry one up on the snowbank (with a couple fur scars seen on its backside), I named Rocket (like the feisty, talking raccoon in "Guardians of the Galaxy").

This image was taken at 5:08 am, so I'm really curious about what has them on alert. They're actually looking toward the farmhouse. Either way, seeing them here on their hind legs earns them the "Cutest Pose" award for the night.

Brynwood Needleworks - Fresh Bread Friday

I made another double batch of Farmhouse Sandwich Bread yesterday, too. One loaf will stay in the kitchen, and the other four will go into the freezer until we need them. I won't have to worry about baking more loaves next week when I'm back in the studio.

Friday night dinner was steaks on the grill, baked potatoes and salad. Yes. Even in the middle of winter, Wisconsinites light up the grill for a tasty evening meal.

Brynwood Needleworks - Scissors, Snippers And Clippers

Someone in one of the Facebook groups asked how many pairs of scissors each of us has. On a lark, I pulled out as many of mine as I could easily locate (I'm sure I missed a few), and took a picture. I have different projects in process, so I usually have a pair of the appropriate scissors with that project. I also keep favorites in my sewing box, travel tote, and next to my machines.

But, let's face it. I've been sewing since I was eleven. I've accumulated more than a few pairs, and many of them have specific purposes, too (sewing, machine embroidery, needlework, travel, etc.). That helps explain it, right? I'm going to go with that.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how many scissors I have, but I bet I could give you a run for your money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply had to comment on your scissor collection - what fun! And that bread - I can almost smell it from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! I had to bring my brother Kelly in to see your scissor collection because he thinks I have A LOT of scissor!! Ha!! Ha!! I have about a fifth as many as you!! :-)) Yum on the bread and love that you have a trail cam for all your little buddies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rascal and Rocket are very entertaining. Yummy home baked bread is such a treat. Very nice scissor collection you have. My husband once saw my bin of scissors and about had a hissy fit...and does not understand why I would “need” so many scissors. That bin did not even hold my sewing scissors. Haha. When we downsized and moved I eliminated a lot and now only have half of what I had. I am still happy though because I have plenty and when I find a pair I just have to have then I can treat myself. His tools way outnumber my “tools”.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna