February 28, 2020

Yesterdays Wing Progress...

Brynwood Needleworks - Detail of Long and Short Stitches
 
This is what I accomplished yesterday on my last wing for the Royal School of Needlework butterfly. I'm stitching with a single strand of silk thread to create each stitch. 
As I start a new strand, I park a waste knot on the top of the fabric, and then move to where I'll begin stitching. (It's called a "waste" knot because I till trim that knot away after I embroider over the tail on the back to anchor it.) When I get to the end of a strand, that thread is held in place by creating a small "stab" stitch (down, up in a tiny stitch, repeat, trim) to keep it from coming apart. I'll also stitch over that as I progress. When I'm finished, it will resemble the other completed wings.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - RSN Butterfly Wing Comparison
 
I'll be stitching again today, as I wait for Handsome to get through his PT today, and then further after we get back home. More pictures tomorrow.
Also, please come back to learn about a March sale I'll be having in my Etsy shop. You won't want to miss it!
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Great progress!
    This is going to be beautiful.
    Can't wait to see it completed.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Judi:
    Thanks for your comment! These silk thread colors are really pretty, and wonderful to work with.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna