February 7, 2020

Currently Reading...

Brynwood Needleworks - The Wind In The Willows Book Cover
 
I realized that I'd promised to share what I'm reading throughout 2020, but forgot to tell you about my first read. I pulled out a book from my childhood to enjoy again...a British printed copy of "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame.
 
This copy was a gift from my British aunt and uncle, gifted in 1970. I've always loved books, and took great care of this one because it was so special to me.
 
There's nothing better than finishing the day by reading a few chapters of a good book (except, as quoting from this one, "There's nothing half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats.")
 
I'm going to complete this book, and then I'll let you know what I pick up next. I'm sure it will be another old favorite, but I'll wait to tell you until after this one is wrapped up.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. I remember there is a chapter where Ratty and Mole have a mystical, God-like experience which left me very moved when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore reading books and have been going to the local library since we moved here. I just have not embraced Audible as I want to actually hold and be immersed in the pages and story of the book. Love that you have kept this book so long. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of the first books Jim and I read together. So special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna