May 20, 2019

Winner, Winner, Chicken...Well...

Brynwood Needleworks - Embroidered Chicken and Honey Bunny Cottage Box
 
When artistic friends barter, it's a win/win for everyone! Such was the case when my friend, Gisselle told me she loved my recent "coop-ful" of chickens. She offered to trade one for one of her fabulous, handcrafted sewing boxes. She had recently shared photos of this one on Facebook, so I asked about it, and she said yes!

Well, getting one of her beautiful boxes warranted a little bit fancier chicken, so I got out some of my linen and white floss and set to making an embroidered one for her. Gosh! I had so much fun!!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Embroidered Chicken - Closeups
If you're interested in owning one of Gisselle's boxes, you can find her as Honey Bunny Cottage on Facebook. She's also on Instagram @honeybunnycottage. This chick is flying away today with my thanks.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. that was definitely a win-win - box and chick, both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you and Gisselle to barter and swap your talented hand crafted items. This embroidered chicken is lovely and I love the yardstick boxes Gisselle creates. I use mine all the time. Creative Bliss for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her boxes...we had bartered a bag for a box a few years ago. Love that chicken you made for her...fancy indeed! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna