May 25, 2019

Sidetracked...

Brynwood Needleworks - Old Glory Table Mat
 
I admit it. I got sidetracked yesterday. I was pawing through my wool projects because I wanted to just sit and stitch the afternoon away. While sorting through kits, I came across one that I thought I should do this weekend, in honor of Memorial Day.

This will become a table mat, designed by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings. It's called "Old Glory", and it's one of the patterns in her book, "Star and Stripe Gatherings". The book is filled with patterns for patriotic quilts, table mats, pillows and other embroidery projects, and I love everything! I know I'll be creating more items from this book, but for this weekend, "Old Glory" is on the workbench.

All my pieces were traced, fused and cut yesterday. I'll attach them to the ground fabric this morning, and will stitch the weekend away. I'll get back to my Dresden Heart Cardinal table runner next week. This patriotic table mat will be finished first. You'll see. wink
 
I hope you enjoy observing Memorial Day, and take a little time to honor the fallen before picnics and other relaxing family time. I'll be back to share a verse tomorrow, and a finished project on Monday.
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Perfect for Memorial weekend to honor our fallen. Wool is such a woolunderful medium to slow stitch. Safe and Happy Memorial Weekend Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna