May 29, 2019

Old Glory...

Brynwood Needleworks - Old Glory Table Mat

How wonderful it was to be able to work on this piece over the Memorial Day weekend. Handsome and I did some outside work, but there was still plenty of time after the weather turned to sit inside and stitch.

The front is complete and the backing fabric (shown above) is already fused (around the outside edge of the mat). All I have left to do is the blanket stitch to sew the two layers together, and then a decorative fly stitch around the inside front edge of the mat. I'll do that today.

Brynwood Needleworks - Old Glory Table Mat
 
If you're interested in creating your own "Old Glory Table Mat", you can purchase the kit from Primitive Gatherings HERE. It's from the book "Star and Stripe Gatherings", which has many more wonderful, patriotic designs. I have the book, and I know I'll make a few more projects from it yet this summer to enjoy here at the farmhouse.

I had a few friends ask about our summer project for the farmhouse. I'll tell you about it tomorrow Friday. It's going to be fabulous! If you're following our farmhouse renovations, you won't want to miss the scoop!

***DISCLAIMER: I have been in no way compensated for sharing the link to this design and kit.
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely mat dear. Slow stitching with wool is sew very relaxing. I am so excited to read all about your Hickory Hill Farmhouse summer project. Hopefully summer arrives and stays for a while. We continue to have winter rain and cool sneak in each day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna