May 3, 2019

Something New This Way Comes...

Brynwood Needleworks - Working On A New Website
 
Bags are unpacked, and the contents are put away. On our driving trips, Handsome and I get to talk about many things. So today, I decided to put one of our discussion topics into action.

I've been watching other Etsy sellers discuss the new fee structures, including new added fees on shipping costs. I understand that Etsy wants to cut down on low item prices with outrageous shipping fees, but it's ultimately cutting into my bottom line - and every time I put actual shipping costs on my listings, I get a message from Etsy saying they're too high. Any lower, and I'd be losing money on my items and shipping costs. It's a real conundrum.
 
Then, they also took away our stand-alone PayPal accounts, to make sure all income goes through their site. Another slice of the pie. sigh

Yesterday morning, I decided to do some research into setting up my own website. I already use the Square app, stand, and processing terminal when I do in-person sales, so that's where I went to look into creating an online shop. As Square is secure and accepts all forms of payment, it seemed like the natural place to look.

I've started playing with the platform, and will continue to work on it in the coming days. Once it's ready to launch, I'll remove the items in this shop from the Etsy shop - mostly my bags, wallets, and other handcrafted creations, however I will continue to sell my fabric, kits, etc. through Etsy.

I also want to get back to bag making in the near future. I need to restock wallets, totes and other new bag styles I'm adding to my lines. Destiny has to go in for service, but thankfully, most of what I do with regard to my cork projects is done with my Jane machine. Destiny can take a break.

Today, I'll be continuing to build my online shop, and then I may get some sewing preparations done. That way, when I'm ready to sew, all the pieces and parts will be ready to roll. 

Can you believe it's already the end of another week? I really can't believe how the time flies around here. Happy Weekend! Spend it well.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Your new online shop will be wonderful dear. Etsy has gotten out of control for most of us...I gave them up year ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna