May 1, 2019

Handsome Surprised Me...

Brynwood Needleworks - HotBrush's Signature

Well, darned if Handsome didn't have the biggest surprise for me as we drove for home on Monday morning! Sunday night, he was busy texting someone when I walked in the room, but I just figured it was one of his musician friends. I noticed him typing away on Monday morning, too, but I was artfully distracted by our hosts (who were in on the surprise). I didn't think anything more about it as we left our home-away-from-home by 9 am.

As we neared Dade City, Florida, Handsome declared that he was going to stop at a gas station to fuel up before we went any further. We had a half tank of gas, but hey...he's the pilot. So we stopped. He filled up the tank, and walked away toward the building. I stayed in the truck, knitting away on my current sock project.

A few minutes later, he returned and said, "Guess who I found!" I turned to see our old friend, Dave "Hotbrush" Hendrickson, standing outside my window. I said, "Hotbrush!"

Brynwood Needleworks - My Tag Yeti

I asked how he's been, and he said, "I've been working on this project for a sweet lady I know", as he pulled this Yeti™ go cup out of the fabric sleeve he was holding. Slowly, he revealed the artfully airbrushed image of a Corgi, and then I saw the name at the bottom. It took a minute to register. Tag?

Brynwood Needleworks - My Tag Yeti

Then, he turned the cup over to reveal my nickname, uttered by only about five people in my life. It was then that I was sure. Dave had created this gorgeous piece just for ME!
I soon found out that Handsome had contacted him about a month ago with this idea, and our friend set about to have it finished by the time I came down to travel home with my husband. I was so tickled.
You see, Dave had detailed one of my first Florida Explorer's with Kes' paw prints and some pinstriping. He also did an incredible job with a custom paint job for Handsome's Harley-Davidson Heritage Softtail Classic motorcycle. We think he's a major talent with an airbrush and paint brush. 

Having this new piece, which will be practically attached to me from now on, is a gift from both my husband and our friend. I will cherish it always, and, if you're reading this, Dave, please know that it means the world to me that you created this beautiful custom piece for us. I love, love, love it, and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

If you're interested, you can see Dave's work HERE. You'll be impressed. I guarantee it!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. This is such a special gift from Handsome and Hotbrush! I bet Tag will have something special to write about next Tuesday. You know you are Loved very much Deece. Happy May Day and I hope you are dancing around the May Pole today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful gift that I have tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning gift to receive, Donna! And thanks for providing a link to see your friend's work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna