May 18, 2019

Nearly Finished...

Brynwood Needleworks - Patriotic Sunset
 
Some days just don't go as planned. I got up early and made poolish (my starter) for foccaccia. Then, read emails over my morning coffee. My plan was to sit and stitch yesterday to finish my special chicken. My back had other plans. Sometimes, it goes out for no apparent reason whatsoever.

I took a mild (mostly ineffective) pain killer, and settled in with a heating pad (which helped), to stitch. I almost finished my stitching, but not quite. I'll finish today, and then sew it together. I'll take a photo to share with you on Monday, but not today. boo
 
This past week, indigo buntings added their bright blue plumage to the yard. We also have one large crow that has taken a shine to the feeders I place near the lilac bushes. I think crows are extremely cool, so I hope this one will continue to visit over the summer.

As the sun set last night, Handsome and I noticed that the sky looked rather patriotic in its shades of red, white and blue. I set my exposure for the sunset, so it's too dark for you to see three deer in the field, too. There's always something wonderful to see at the farmhouse.
 
Here's hoping my back leaves me alone today. I have too much to do to just sit around. Wish me luck!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Healing Energy Dear for your back. May you be pain free and stitch to your hearts content. Gorgeous Sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes when my pain becomes so much that I have to stop, I try to look at it as God telling me to slow down. When I look at it that way I don't fight against it as much and just rest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna