May 22, 2019

It Was A Wonderful Day...

Brynwood Needleworks - New Primitive Gatherings Summer Fabric Line

Yesterday began with a cup of coffee and then a drive to Menasha for our monthly Primitive Gatherings Sit & Sew group. There were a lot of ladies this month, as members who hadn't been in a while were able to join us.

Show & Tell (or as I call it "Bring & Brag") is always interesting, because we get to see what everyone is working on - or has created - and Lisa Bongean always shares upcoming projects with us, too. This one is a pattern she designed using her summer Wisconsin Shop Hop fabrics. You'll be seeing more of these soon, as I will be designing some bags/accessories using some of them.

Brynwood Needleworks - Lisa Bongean Showing Us New Summer Blocks of the Week

Decisions. Decisions. Lisa showed us one of the summer Blocks of the Week programs that will be available in two or three colorways. I have to decide whether or not I'm going to do this one, and if so, which colorway. They're all gorgeous!

Brynwood Needleworks - Lisa Bongean Showing Finished Moon Garden Quilt
 
We also got to see the finished Moon Garden quilt from one of the last Block of the Month programs. We all agreed the colors were really wonderful in this one, and many of the ladies who didn't get into this program, I'm sure, are planning to purchase this one after the fact.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Grandson, Handsome and #1 Son

After lunch, I had to drive the hour back home a little earlier than usual. Handsome and I went to all Milwaukee Brewers ballgame in Miller Park. I only took a few photos, preferring to enjoy the game by keeping my phone in my (Event) bag instead. The guys are all just being silly in this picture, but I love it.

I'm going to work on a little project that will be a quick finish, so I'll show you that soon. We've got a meeting first thing this morning with a contractor. I can't wait to tell you about an upcoming big project here at the farmhouse. More on that later. I know. I'm a tease.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Love that Wisconsin quilt!
    The colors are amazing!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful day of stitchery love and family baseball love. Ooh you are a tease! Could it be a Kitchen project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure can tell what #1 Son is going to look like when he gets older!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna