March 28, 2019

A Sweet, Wooly "Spring" Pillow...

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings "Spring Pillow" Design

I got my "Spring" pillow finished, so I sewed it together to share with you today. I've added a zipper to the back of mine, suspecting that there will be three more seasons throughout the year. That way, I can fold this one, tuck it away for safe keeping, and use the pillow form for the next.

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings "Spring Pillow" Design Detail

This was a nice, quick embroidery/applique' project, and I really enjoyed working it. The design was from the bi-monthly Wool Box subscription from Primitive Gatherings. This won't be available for purchase in the near future, but I'm sure Lisa will make it available after the end of the year.

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings "Spring Pillow" Design
 
I'm sure most of you already know this, but you don't have to follow any designer's exact layout or color scheme. You're always free to improvise to suit your decor, taste, or just because you want to make it your own.
 
I love everything about the original, but wasn't quite sold on the black lettering for myself. I went through my #5 pearl cottons, and decided that a medium lavender was more to my liking. I chose DMC #5 Color #3041 for my hand embroidered "Spring" lettering.
 
I think I'll be making the table mat from the Wool Box next. I'm waiting to hear back from my handbag client, so I can't work on those yet. I'll embroider while I wait.
 
***Today is the last day to enter my 10th Blog Anniversary Giveaway! If you haven't entered yet, there's still time. I'll shut down the entries around 11:30 pm tonight, and I'll be announcing winners tomorrow! (Enter by clicking on the button at the top of my sidebar. Follow instructions from the linked post.) Good luck, everybody!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna your pillow is lovely. I adore the sheep in the corner. Lavender was certainly a good color for the word spring. I hope you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Spring pillow is very sweet. Love the entire design and colors and stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna