March 6, 2019

Fortnite Quilt Finish...

Brynwood Needleworks - Fortnite Quilt Finished

Whew! That sure was a busy two days, but it's finished! I started and finished the quilt top on Monday (about nine hours' worth).

Brynwood Needleworks - Fortnite Quilt Images Detail

These are closer looks at the images I printed onto cotton fabric for the quilt. I use Inkjet Cotton Sheets from Jacquard Industries (available from Amazon), and run the sheets through my Epson inkjet printer. I heat set prior to sewing into the quilt.

Brynwood Needleworks - Quilt Top Before Machine Finishing and Binding
 
I didn't know what this was going to look like when I began. I pulled colors that were in the images, and started cutting and sewing. I created the blocks first, and then sewed the center together. After that, I just kept building until it was of a size that I thought was sufficient. The finished size is 40" wide by 56" long, which I think will be just right for my 10 year old great nephew. 
 
By the end of the day Tuesday, I had quilted and bound the quilt, declaring it officially finished. It's all ready for the party on Saturday, and I can't wait to see his reaction. Of course, I'll take a picture of his reaction and a photo of him with his new Fortnite quilt so I can share it with you next week.
 
I've got my annual physical this afternoon, so I may sit and work on my butterfly rather than start something new. I'm feeling great, so I'm certainly not expecting anything surprising from my appointment. I'm sure I'll get a clean bill of health for another twelve months, which is good. I've got lots of things to do.  

One more thing...Don't tell anyone, but when I put this last image into my blog post, I found a mistake. Do you see it? If so, tell me in the comments. We'll see if you find the one I see, or whether or not I made another one.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. So colorful and bright, 'love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a beautiful quilt he is going to love it.It took me a while to spot the different,I can’t say the m word lol .I am absolutely sure the sweet boy will never ever notice .xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is just perfect and I am sure he will love it. I hesitate to call the differences mistakes, as they could be design choices. The upper right border checks is different, as is the middle right checkered block.
    They are not facing into the center. Why as quilters do we always feel a need to point out our errors? I always do the same thing and any differences certainly don't take away the love that went into the quilt. Love is the reason we quilt for others and ourself.












    ReplyDelete
  4. Center panel, left side and right side 9 patches are set different. Don't know which side is "wrong" as I don't know what you meant to do. I like the right side set better, but I'm sure your great nephew will never notice and he will adore it. I did Star Wars quilts for my 4 year old great nephew and his new baby brother. His parents are Star Wars geeks and he was raised watching it from birth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is so special and such a loving gift for your Great Nephew. He will cherish it and use it with love. You are such a sweet Aunt to create it for him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna