March 12, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - After-Party Animal...

Brynwood Needleworks - My Cold Parts

 Hi, Everybody!!

We're still gettin' snow, and the ice underneath is makin' life excitin' around here! Good thing I've got four feet. It's a little harder for me to end up on my keester.

Saturday was a fun day all around for me. I got to ride along when Mom went to the Birthday party, and we all know how much I like ridin' in the car! I didn't go into the party, but I was happy to guard the car while she was inside for a little while.

After the party, Mom and I stopped at the store and picked up some ready-made dinner stuff. Mom made arrangements last week that our nephew, Dan and his family, along with Mom's sister (Dan's Mom) to come out after the party and help Mom put up those great kitchen shelves. She wanted to surprise them by feeding them dinner, too. 

So, when they got to the house, Mom had baked chicken, baked ham and rolls (for sammiches), mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese (for the kiddos). They were happy to smell a hot meal when they came in the door, and we all enjoyed dinner together.

Brynwood Needleworks - Two Jumpin' Girls

After the big people got the shelves installed, Mom and I took the little people upstairs. They wanted to see Mom and Dad's bed, and Mom let them jump on it. They were all blurry, gigglin' and jumpin' up and down. We made sure they wouldn't fall off the bed, too. It was really fun.

The 'possum came to eat about three times while they were here, too. We got to look through the windows and show everyone our Fuzzy Butt 'possum. The little girls were so intrigued. They asked if they could go outside and pet it, but we explained that it's a wild animal. They're fun to watch through the window, but critters need space (well, except the one time I ran into him outside and we sniffed each other before he ran off).

It was definitely an excitin' evenin' for me. The little girls were even playin' a chasin' game with me. Mom wondered what the racket was, but it wasn't a racket. We were playin' a game. There's a huge difference, if you ask me. Gigglin', barkin' and running through the house isn't a racket. Right?

Brynwood Needleworks - I'm Bushed!

Mom and I aren't sure what time everyone left, but we didn't stay up too late after they went home. I was still tired by the next day. I decided to take it easy and rest. I want to be ready for the next time they come over. I love little kids - especially girls. I hope those girly girls visit again very soon.

 I'll see you again in seven, 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 

1 comment:

  1. Tag you sure know how to have the most fun! Boy oh Boy...in my day we were NEVER allowed to jump on any bed! It looks like lot of fun though. I amm tuckered out just from the clocks movin forward an hour. Nap time looks very appropriate to me. Smooches my little Corgi Cutie...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna