March 4, 2019

Fortnight, It Is...

Brynwood Needleworks - Fabrics For Fortnight Quilt

I accomplished quite a bit this past weekend. I painted the kitchen, and realized that the crown molding had been painted to match the walls during the "whole house" paint before we moved in. That paint job was just a temporary coverup until we decided how we were going to finish the space, so we expected that the walls and trim would need further attention at a later date. This was the later date.

I painted a second coat of Repose Gray on the walls, and then painted the crown molding to match the rest of the farmhouse woodwork in Ibis White (Sherwin Williams colors). This week, I'll do the rest of the prep for the installation we're doing next weekend.

Then, after further discussion with my nephew, it was decided that Fortnight was the winner for my great-nephew's quilt. I printed off the main image, and then chose the fabrics that I'll be using from my voluminous stash. The purple, brown and lighter blue fabrics will be used on the front. The dark blue (at the bottom of the photo) will be the backing and binding fabric.

I have four more images to print off, and then I'll start work on the quilt. I'm making a larger lap size for him. He's turning 10 today, but we'll celebrate next Saturday. Plenty of time to get it made, and I'll show you as soon as it's done. I'd better run now, though. I've got lots to do.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You are amazing in all you tackle and accomplish. Your kitchen is coming right. This quilt will be so appreciated. Lovely week dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna