March 14, 2019

Needle Dancing For A Friend...

Brynwood Needleworks - Fairy Steed Corgi Pincushion Detail
 
My paperwork is done and was mailed out yesterday. Yay!! I have two commissions to make, plus three special pieces (including a new Fairy Steed Corgi Pincushion like this one). 

A friend's husband recently passed away from ALS, and a fundraiser was created to cover his final expenses. She is a member of "Corgi Nation" on Facebook, as she, too, has one of these lowrider dogs. 

I wanted to contribute, so I offered two clutches with corgi embroideries, plus one of these pincushion/sachets. (It will be up to the winning bidder to choose the filling.) They are paying for the item, plus postage. I'm donating the full amount of all bids, less postage, to the fundraiser as my donation.

I'm going to get this piece embroidered today, and then assemble it, minus the filling, until I hear from the bidder. Then, all I'll have left to do is stuff it, stitch it closed, and mail it off. It will be a true labor of love, knowing that the proceeds are going to help a friend as she grieves the loss of her dear husband. It's one small thing I can do to help ease her stress. 
 
I'm very grateful that the bidders have paid more than what I would have charged in my shop. (The high bidder - with more time to auction end - has pledged $75 so far for the pincushion!) The clutches are also bid over retail value. 

So, today, I shall needle dance for my friend. Tomorrow, I'll be celebrating a Brynwood milestone. I'll tell you all about it, and about a special giveaway I'll be having to celebrate.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. You are doing such a lovely and generous thing for your Corgi Nation friend. Your Works of HeArt are Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, that was really nice of you to donate some items for such a great cause! You have a huge heart my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna