March 7, 2019

Star and Stripe Gatherings Arrived...

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings' Star and Stripe Gatherings
 
Preorders were for this line were placed in December when Lisa B. had her holiday open house sale. Everyone at the shop was getting inundated with inquiries about when the orders would ship, because Moda™ was delayed in getting out the fabrics - and everyone who got a glimpse of this line from Lisa's sample was anxious to get theirs. 
 
The most recent update was that they were expecting fabrics to arrive mid-March. I know what a pain it can be having to calm customers when you have no control, so I just watched my order status and waited. Well, I was so surprised when I went to the mailbox yesterday and my package was inside! I had the box in the car as I headed to my doctor's appointment, and had to wait until I got back home to open it.

I'd ordered the newest book, "Star and Stripe Gatherings", which is a 100+ page collection of beautiful patriotic projects. I also ordered a layer cake (10" squares) fabric assortment of the coordinating fabric, and Lisa included a free a fat quarter of one of the fabrics (to apologize for the delay). I also ordered three tea towels (1 each - red, navy and white) that will be embroidered with designs from the book.

When I got back to the farmhouse (with a clean bill of health!), I made a cuppa tea and sat down to look through the book. I know there are at least three projects I know I'll be making in time for Independence Day. Heck, if I can free up some time, I may even get them finished by Memorial Day! If you get a chance, you might want to go to Primitive Gatherings' website HERE, to see for yourself.

Today, I'll be in the garage, working on part of the weekend project for the kitchen. We've got a space heater out there, so it shouldn't be too bad out there. When I'm finished with that, I'll be back inside to start something else. I'll be listing more fabrics in my online shop, and then I have a special project to work on.
 
A Facebook corgi friend's husband passed away last week, and Corgi Nation is having a fund raiser to help her with her expenses. I've donated three of my Corgi creations to the auction, so I'll be cutting and fusing the components for one of my Fairy Steed Corgi Pincushions. I won't fill it until the auction ends, so the winning bidder can specify whether or not to use crushed walnut shells, organic cotton, or lavender buds. The other two donations will have to wait until the auction ends so they can specify their preference for which color dog they have (they're have a few choices). Never a dull moment at the farmhouse. 

DonnaAcornSignature
Disclaimer: I have received no compensation, whatsoever, for writing about the products from Primitive Gatherings.

1 comment:

  1. Love Primitive Gathering - Lisa has an amazing imagination and huge talent.
    How kind of you to help with the auction. I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna