March 19, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - A Good Day, Indeed...

Brynwood's Taggart
 
Hi, Everybody!
Guess what day it is? Guess. What. Day. It. Is? (Did I sound like that loopy camel? lol)
It's a REALLY GOOD Day!!
 
The snow is meltin' and we only have white stuff in a few places where it was really piled up. So, Mom and I went for a walk on the farm. I have to tell you, it was really beautiful outside. I was runnin' and snufflin' and havin' a great time.
 
Surveyin' My Stompin' Grounds
 
Mom and I have noticed that the sun is out a lot longer these days, and pretty soon all kinds of good stuff will be sproutin' out of the ground. The trees will start to turn green, and Dad and Bella will come back home. Then, the good times will really start to roll! 

We cleaned off the porch and moved the 'possum feeder across the driveway. We took the other bird feeder over there, too, so that big raccoon might be lured over there instead of hangin' out on our porch. Mom swept the rest of the seeds and stuff off the porch and had everythin' cleaned up.
 
Sittin' and Thinkin'

It was nice to hear Mom laughin' today, after she was so sad yesterday. I did some especially silly stuff to cheer her up (as only I can), and I could tell she was feelin' better.

Finally, we went back inside for the important stuff...like me gettin' my dinner! Mom went upstairs after that to work in the studio, and I hung out on the sofa in the livin' room, listenin' to "contemporary instrumentals" on the satellite. I really like the soothin' sounds.

Happy Days Are Here Again!

But now comes the good part! Mom came downstairs and it was already dark, so she made herself some dinner. After she finished, she walked past the dinin' room windows and she let out a little whoop. Well, ya better believe I wondered what that was all about.
  
Seems she forgot to bring in the little pail that she'd left on the porch. It was full of the  
birdseed, corn and peanuts. There, sittin' just as happy as a...Fuzzy Butt...was well...FUZZY BUTT! The silly critter managed to climb up into the pail, and was reachin' down between his knees and eatin' that food. Mom was grinnin' from ear to ear.

Now, I bet you're wonderin' how we know this was ol' FB, right? Well, Mom can still see the other feeder from the kitchen windows, so she grabbed her flashlight and shone it on the feeder. It was rockin' back and forth! So she put the light on the open part, and there were eyes lookin' back at her...and they didn't belong to a raccoon. She could tell by the white face...it was the other 'possum!

Well, I watched Mom doin' a stoopid happy dance right there in the middle of the kitchen. Seems it was a good day for everybody here at the farmhouse. A good day, indeed. 

PS. We're still sad for the other opossum that won't get to see spring here at the farm, but we're really happy those two fat critters that have been hangin' around here all winter, will be here to celebrate another season with us.
 
 I'll see you again in seven, 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 

5 comments:

  1. What a nice way to end a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Sunshiney Day indeed. So glad Fuzzy Butt is still healthy and entertaining you Tag. You are such a god boy to keep Mom laughing at your antics. Tail Waggin Smooches...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good day indeed Tag! So happy Fuzzy Butt is still there and enjoying his snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tag, Tell your mom how happy I am about Fuzzy. Ask her to pray...I can't find Georgia...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's great news indeed Tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna