March 27, 2019

A Fun Road Trip...

Brynwood Needleworks - 2018 Sun Prairie Quilt Show - Part One
 
No, I didn't finish sewing together my pillow yesterday. Kathy D. and I took a road trip to Sun Prairie, WI (Located near our state capitol, Madison) instead.

Kathy had four quilts entered in the show, and three of them got ribbons. She's standing next to two of them in the collage above, plus the pretty green one on the right side, middle is hers, too. That one was a Nancy Ziemann "Landscape or Column Quilt" challenge piece, which will travel this year with all the rest of the challenge pieces. 
 
I think Kathy was really clever to incorporate the column theme inside a television with Nancy's logo embroidered in the corner, reminiscent of all the years Nancy was a fixture in the homes of all of America's quilters and sewers.

I took more than a few photos, so this is just one set to share today. All of these quilts had one for or another of applique', except for Kathy's in the center top. I wanted you to see all her ribbon winners first. I'll do (at least) another collage to show you more gorgeous-ness another time. (Don't forget, you can click on my images to enlarge them, too. It might help to see the fabulous detail!)

I'll finish the pillow today and show you how it turned out tomorrow. In the meantime, if you haven't entered my 10th Blog Anniversary Giveaway yet, please click on the link in the upper right sidebar so you can join the fun. I'm really enjoying the feedback you're sharing!

Well, I'm off to the studio for the day. I'm going to finish my pillow first, and then I'll be listing up more fabrics in my shop. I'm hoping to add at least fifteen new ones before the day is over. I'll be back tomorrow!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Kathys quilts are Amazing and the ribbons are so well deserved. Looks like a fun day shared by two very good friends with common interests and talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna - Kathy's quilt are absolutely beautiful. I can see why she would have received blue ribbons. Thank you for sharing her work. Truly an artist at her best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna