August 4, 2016

Quilt Shop Day...

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings "Somewhere In Time" (On my To Do List)

Yesterday was the day that my girlfriend, Kathy D. and I went quilt shop hopping. We do this every year, and this year we headed back up to the Fox River Valley. This will be the fourth or fifth year we've done this, and I'm hoping it's a tradition we'll be able to continue for a long time to come.

Of course, our first stop was to Primitive Gatherings in Menasha. With all the construction up there, I guarantee I could not have driven to the shop this time on my own. Kathy was my "pathfinder", and after much detouring, we arrived.

(Here's the link for the pattern for the gorgeous quilt shown above. It's now on my To Do List.)

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings Serious Road Construction

This is just a small glimpse of the road condition all the way around the corner where the shop is located. I actually took this photo on our way out of their parking lot. One thing I can tell you is, even though it makes for difficult travel, it hasn't harmed their business. Cars were leaving when we arrived - and cars were arriving as we left! Lisa Bongean has some seriously devoted clients, including us!

Brynwood Needleworks - The Weather Vane - Lunch Stop

We had lunch at the Weather Vane in Menasha. I knew I was back in Wisconsin when I saw the portion sizes. I ordered a southwest chicken wrap and it was HUGE! There was no way I could eat more than half.

Two of these mugs came home with me for our coffee station in Florida. Nice, heavy, diner-style cups filled with hot coffee and conversation is always how Handsome and I start our day together.

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings Purchases

I purchased most of the wools I needed at Lisa's shop. I had to order my overdyed black wool because they were out of stock in the shop, but that will likely be waiting for me when I get back to Florida.

Now I have the oranges I need for my Wooly Critter "Crow and Pumpkin" block, as well as the other colors I needed to complete the other three blocks. It won't be long before I have all of them finished.

Brynwood Needleworks - More Purchases

I bought a few patterns, as well as two kits (only one shown). I'll share them in detail later. I also picked up the Row by Row fabric license plates from two of the shops. I wasn't keen on the one offered by the third shop, so I left it behind.

We also went to two other quilt shops, Piece by Piece and Going To Pieces again, but I'll share those purchases another day.

Brynwood Needleworks - Kathy...My Partner In Crime

I dropped Kathy back at home in Fond du Lac before heading to our campsite. We drove through a little weather (and we had more thunderstorm-y weather in camp during the night), but we're both home - safe and sound - having had a great day of shopping and friendship.

Thanks again, Kathy. It's was just perfect.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Retail Therapy with a good friend is always the best remedy for anything...including bad roads and lightening and thunder storms. Love your acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a near perfect day to me!! What fun!! I remember when we were vacationing in Maine, LL Bean had plain white mugs that looked just like that. I bought a set of 6 and I still have 4 of them! Enjoy your new mugs and I'm glad you found the wool you wanted and it will be waiting for you when you arrive back home again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific day! Great company & purchases. Happy you got through the challenges...weather and road construction. "Can't keep a couple of creative women at home, when shopping for supplies!" Have heard that, of course I am not one of them..ok that is a fib! Happy
    travels Donna.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna