August 16, 2016

Homeward Bound - Last Leg Today...

Brynwood Needleworks - Homeward Bound -Tennessee River Crossing

We left our campsite in Clinton, TN (just north of Knoxville) this morning, and crossed the beautiful Tennessee River as we moved south on Interstate 75. We don't know why we've never traveled this portion of I-75 before, opting instead for a more southerly route. We agreed that we'll definitely use travel this way again.

Right after we passed through Atlanta, we encountered a traffic-halting, toad-strangler of a storm. Portions of the highway had some roadwork on the median and shoulders, and there, we had to take care not to hydroplane our package in the flooded areas. Handsome managed to white-knuckle our way through the storm, and the sun came out about ten miles later. We were so grateful!

Brynwood Needleworks - Homeward Bound - Northbound I-75

As we got to the dry pavement, I took this shot of the northbound lanes. Yes, that traffic was stopped all the way down the road past the curve in this picture! We felt bad, knowing what they had ahead of them, and prayed that there would be no accidents.

We continued on our way toward Valdosta, GA, deciding to spend the night in the Tifton KOA. We arrived shortly after 4 pm. That's early for us to stop, but it was another arduous day, and we decided not to chance driving farther when Handsome was getting tired.

Brynwood Needleworks - Homeward Bound  - Tifton Neighbor

We pulled into our spot and were watched by a nosy neighbor the whole time we set up. I couldn't resist a photo of this sweet, quiet dog who rested his/her chin on their windowsill. Tag and Bella missed seeing this face, but I have it for our album.

Brynwood Needleworks - Homeward Bound - Tifton, GA KOA

We were settled under the trees (great because we're back in truly hot weather again), and I fed our pups first. Then I pulled out the shrimp, cream, parmesan cheese (which I grated), minced garlic and noodles to make a nice homemade shrimp alfredo for the two of us.

I don't drive on these treks, so my gift to my dear husband is to make a great meal for him, and then let him get his rest so he's ready for the next day's drive. Cleanup was finished by 7 pm, and he settled in to watch some of the Olympics while I tackled a book I've been reading.

We'll be home by noon today, and then set about emptying and cleaning the Flying Cloud. (I know she's got a name, but old habits are hard to break.) Homeward bound and ready to sleep in our own big bed tonight.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Blessings that your travels were safe amid such torrid weather and traffic. Homeward bound and more safe travels dear...
    P.S. What book are you reading? I am reading "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand. Not my usual theme but riveting to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna