August 5, 2016

Stitching Travel Pillow...

Brynwood Needleworks - Stitching Travel Pillow

Yesterday was wonderfully busy. I took Tag and Bella for a walk around our campgrounds, so they could enjoy the perfect weather. We couldn't have asked for a better day, following an evening of storms.

One thing I learned overnight is that we needn't worry about being in the Airstream in thunder and lightning storms. Our beautiful Flying Cloud is a Faraday Cage. (If you'd like to read all the scientific information about it you can click HERE.)

Long story short, the double aluminum skin of our camper protects us from electrical storms. I didn't know this until learning it from a fellow Airstreamer. We were high, dry and safe all evening tucked into our cozy home on wheels.

Sorry. I got a little sidetracked...

I had plans to meet an old school friend here at our campsight in the afternoon, so while I waited, I set up my next needlework project. I purchased this Stitching Travel Pillow kit when Kathy and I were at Primitive Gatherings. It's one of Lisa Bongean's own designs.

Brynwood Needleworks - Stitching Travel Pillow
 
By the time Geri arrived, I had the entire piece set up for stitching. I gave her a tour of our Cloud and then we settled into our yard chairs to catch up on our lives since our last visit. 
 
One of the lovely things about being back in our home state is the opportunities we have to visit with old friends. Geri and I have known each other since junior high school, and her father - like mine - was an educator. I think it was one of the common things that we brought to our friendship.

After she left, Tag and I headed to #2 son's home, where Handsome and Bella were already waiting. Our granddaughters each celebrate their Birthdays this month (1 week apart), so Grandma got their gift requests, which I'll work on just as soon as we get back to Florida. 

We played the Minions version of the board game "Life", had a great family pizza night, and then ended our evening with hugs and plans to see them again tomorrow.

I'm going to take my stitching project along with me so that the girls can watch their grandma stitch while we visit. I love that we can make memories together that they'll remember - just like I have from watching my own grandmother or Mom Grace. Maybe they'll even ask to take a stitch or two, which will make my finished project even more special.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like an ideal way to spend vacation time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely...spending time with family and friends...making memories...working on your stitching. Perfect vacation!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to catch up with your friend! I love the travel pillow you are making!! Glad you got to spend a family night too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday got away from me so just now catching up. Thankfully your Flying Cloud Keeps you safe in lightening storms. Last night we watched a spectacular lightening show happening within one giant cloud in the darkening sky. Magical. What a wonderful day you had with visiting friends and family. Love your new traveling pillow made of wool and your tiny hand stitches. Making Memories Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna