August 2, 2016

A Day With Sis...

Brynwood Needleworks - Sisters By Choice

This trip has been filled with joyful days, and yesterday was no exception. Deb brought lunch to our campsite, and we visited into the afternoon. (Deb is Mom Grace's daughter, and she has been my dear sister-by-choice for over forty years.)

As I sat visiting with her, I saw Mom's eyes...heard Mom's laugh...listened to Mom's voice...all alive in Deb. She's a beautiful, creative and talented woman I will always love in her own right. It was so nice to have this time with her.

I brought her "extended" Birthday gift with me, so I was able to see her reaction to the gifts I'd chosen for her. She didn't disappoint. Then, I was so surprised that she brought some of Mom's books with her for me to take home. You can imagine how grateful I was.

Of course, Tag and Bella were happy to have another visitor, and they showed their appreciation. It was cute to watch them with her.

Brynwood Needleworks - Aunty's Geraniums

After lunch, we headed up to my Aunty Margaret and Uncle Dick's house. I wanted to introduce Deb to my aunt, and our schedules all worked. Aunty Margaret is also loaning me her car for the rest of our visit so that Handsome and I can have the ability to visit in different directions without sharing one vehicle. It's really a wonderful gesture, and she did this for me on our last visit, too.

Brynwood Needleworks - Aunty's Purple Coneflowers
 
After Deb and I planned our next visit, she left for home. I stayed for dinner with my aunt and uncle before returning to the campground. I couldn't leave without first taking pictures of their beautiful garden. (I took lots, but had to share these two favorites.)

Handsome and I have special plans for today, and Tag and Bella will be with us, too. I'll tell you all about it when the time is right. Remember, "patience is a virtue"! 

See you tomorrow!
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Sister-by-choice is a lovely way to say it. My oldest sister (step with no blood relation) says I am her "Sister of the Heart" and I love that. Wonderful to be visiting with your family and so sweet of Aunty Margaret to loan you her car. You do look radiant dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a special day!! Can't wait to hear what adventures you had today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're having such a lovely visit. My guess is that you're special day includes house-hunting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna