August 7, 2016

Stitching And Sweet Girls...

Brynwood Needleworks - Stitching Travel Pillow

I'm sharing small snippets of a perfect weekend with you today. Stitching on my Travel Pillow, while spending time with family, couldn't be more rewarding.

I've completed all the basic stitching to secure the pieces to the background fabric. Next will be the specialty embroideries, which I'll work on this week.

Brynwood Needleworks - Granddaughters
 
Grandpa and I spent Sunday with our younger son and his family. Our granddaughters are each celebrating their Birthday week...three years and one week apart (one week apart on the calendar). Twelve and nine year olds are so much fun!

We talked about books they're reading, their favorite recipes (they're both kitchen whizes now), and oh, yes...we played multiple games of that Minion version of Life. Once they get on a roll, one grandma doesn't stand a chance! lol Grandma also got special requests for Birthday gifts, which I'll work on as soon as we get back home.
I also have a really great story to tell you about a dinner conversation we shared, but I'm going to save that for Wednesday. Tag will be back tomorrow. He's been a busy guy! I'm getting back to my needlework.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your granddaughters. Looking forward to hearing about your dinner conversation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy August birthdays to your beautiful Granddaughters. Your teeny tiny stitches are amazing on your wool travel pillow. Looking forward to your dinner conversation. I suppose Tag is resting up today after all the love and play time he must have had with the girls. Beautiful week dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I love your stitching and your granddaughters are so cute!! Sounds like a wonderful day :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna