August 17, 2016

Too Tired To Talk...

Brynwood Needleworks - Another Airstreamer

Once we crossed the Florida state line yesterday, we saw another Airstreamer making their way south. It's always nice to see those other silver campers, as they're few and far between. On this trip - nearly 3500 miles long - we only saw about seven other units.

Brynwood Needleworks - Passing Their Rig

We actually saw this one twice. The first time we passed them, I waved, but I think the driver (who was talking with her passenger at the time) noticed me too late to wave back.

Along the road, we stopped for lunch and fuel and then got back on the road. The next time we saw them, they were slightly ahead of us (again), and heading off to their exit. I looked back to find the driver waving (enthusiastically) to me this time. I grinned from ear-to-ear and waved back in kind. It actually made my afternoon! Funny how much a smile and a wave can brighten someone's day.

Brynwood Needleworks -Tired Road Warriors
 
From there, we drove the last hour home. The dogs are the best travelers, but all of us were weary of the road. I've almost reached my "word limit" for this post. I'm as tired as they were. (Remember, I write these posts the night before you get to read them.)

Today, I have to be in Venice by 8 am for my clerk training for our next primary election. I don't know about other states, but Florida requires refresher training prior to every, single election. My goal is to never, ever be the Florida precinct that ends up in the national news! (I know I'm not alone in this.)

I'd better grab a good cup of coffee on my way out the door so I can shake off my desire to just stay in and sleep today. Good thoughts are greatly appreciated!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Tonight you will be truly able to relax! Along with me. My last firefighter test is tonight!!! Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home Sweet Home dear. Yes how nice to receive a smile and a wave. Sleep well my friend...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna