August 18, 2016

Ready For Friday...

Brynwood Needleworks - Rest Area Flowers
 
I'm really ready for Friday this week. I wish I could say that I'm recuperated from our travel home, but yesterday morning, I was up early for training for the upcoming primary election....five hours of training. 

Everyone who works for the Supervisors of Election in Sarasota County is required to take training before every election. That way we know about any procedural changes, changes in hardware or features, and updated laws. I have to admit, the last thing I wanted to do this morning was get up before the sun, so that I could be at my training site at 8 am.

Once there, I always enjoy interacting with staff and the other clerks and assistant clerks. One of my inspectors from this spring will be my assistant clerk this time, and I'm tickled. She's a delightful lady and we'll make a great team.

At the end of our training, we have to take a competency test. While some people get nervous taking tests, I've never had that problem. (I was a real bookworm/geek in school.) I aced the test - earning a perfect score - and now I'm looking forward to working with my staff and interacting with the voters in my precinct. I'm ready.
 

After training, Handsome and I met for an appointment, and then headed home afterward. Our yard needed attention, so I offered to ride around on the mower for an hour or so. I managed to beat the afternoon rains and the yard looks so much better - except for the low-lying parts which retain water.

I made White House sandwiches for dinner and then put my feet up. I'm already making a list of things I want/need to accomplish today. I'm itching to get back into the studio, but there are other tasks that have to come first. My goal is to finish the projects I was working on over our travels tonight or tomorrow. Work before Play. (sigh) Sometimes it's no fun being a responsible adult.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. What exactly is a White House sandwich? I've never heard that term before. I hope you're able to get back into the studio soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamina amazes me. How wonderful that you are a dedicated worker at elections voting. It makes for very long days and lots of hours of training. Bless You. You really hit the home ground running. I am also curious about a White House sandwich. I hope you take time to relax in your studio very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I am not the only one that doesn't know what a White House sandwich is!!! :)
    My first thought is an open face roast beef or something like that but I have never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna