August 10, 2016

Wisconsin Barns...

Brynwood Needleworks - FdL Co Barn

In the past week, we've spent quite a bit of time in the Wisconsin countryside. As Handsome has piloted our vehicle, I've been taking photographs of the Wisconsin barns I love so well.

Brynwood Needleworks - FdL Co Barn

There are many styles in the state, built by Americans of varying heritages. There are German, Dutch and English barns; crib, bank and prairie barns. They come in many shapes and sizes, and it would be nearly impossible for me to choose one style over another.

Brynwood Needleworks - FdL Co Barn

They come in many colors; showing patriotism, quilt blocks, advertising or nothing at all. Each beautiful to me in its own way.

Brynwood Needleworks - FdL Co Barn

Many of them are still in use on working farms. They house animals, crops or machinery. Wisconsin has a program to preserve barns, so although there are sad barns to be seen, I'm happy that many are being saved.

Brynwood Needleworks - FdL Co Barn
 
A barn of my own is still on my wish list. I've loved them all my life and can think of nothing I'd like more than to have one of these beautiful structures to call mine. It could happen, you know!

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Such a variety of barns in WI. I also love barns and I am not certain why but they do represent Americana to me. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna