October 13, 2015

It Was A Very Good Day...

Brynwood Needleworks - Handsome's Vest
Destiny and I got those buttonholes sewn out first thing yesterday, leaving just the buttons to be hand sewn in place. It took a whole twenty minutes for me to finish Handsome's vest for his gig last night. Now he's "regulation" for this group's dress code.

I left it a bit roomy, thinking it might be more comfortable for him to wear while playing. If he prefers it to be more fitted, I'll make that alteration later. I'm extremely happy that I was able to sew it together on a relatively short notice for him. This is the shortest lead time I've had since about thirty five years ago when I made what I called the "24 Hour Embroidered Shirt", for a relative. That's a story for another day.

Handsome loves his new vest, which makes it that much more rewarding for me. He appreciates my efforts and attention to detail, and that's why I'm pleased to make anything whenever he makes a request.
Brynwood Needleworks - Ribbon and Pearl Cotton Embroideries
After the vest was done, I turned my attention to the Strawberry Blossom & Roses Sachet that's next in line. All the ribbonwork is finished (there's more than what shows here) and it's ready for stems and leaves. I'd say that yesterday was a very good day.
 
I'll be at Nifty 50s today, so this will be what I'm working on while I spend time with some of my quilting friends. What are you working on these days?
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Handsome really does look handsome in his new vest you made in record time. I have some brocade I bought to make Mr. C a vest but have not done so yet...I may be inspired. Your newest Strawberry is looking dynamite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when my husband makes a request for something in particular to be made. Their total faith in our ability, especially under time pressure is very reassuring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna