October 4, 2015

More Work For Charity...

Brynwood Needleworks - Corgi Embroideries In Process
Having finished and listed a few more project totes on Friday, I turned my attention to my next creations. Each year, Corgi owners gather in Palm Bay, Florida to raise money for a charity called CorgiAid. This year, the meet-up is on Saturday, November 14, 2015.

CorgiAid is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization that provides money for rescue and foster efforts, medical care and financial aid (within their guidelines) for Corgis and Corgi mixes. They also help provide carts to help dogs with Degenerative Myelopathy maintain a level of mobility to enhance their quality of life. Fezzik and Taggart get the credit for my interest in the organization, and willingness to participate in their fundraising work.

I have donated items in past years, and likewise, I'm creating something special for their fundraising efforts this year.
Brynwood Needleworks - Finished Corgi Embroideries
I stitched out the embroideries (with the help of Destiny) on Saturday and began cutting out the pieces for a wallet in the afternoon. I'm also making a matching tote/handbag, but I cut those pieces as I go, because I make these totes without a pattern.

I had every intention to sew everything over the weekend, but the Green Bay Packers were on Florida television Sunday afternoon. Whenever the Pack gets national coverage so we can see them, of course, everything else comes to a halt! That means, I was knitting on my socks instead.

I'll work on this project today and see if I can't get them finished by tomorrow. Of course, Tuesdays belong to Tag here on the blog, so you won't see pictures of the wallet and tote until Wednesday! 
You will come back, won't you?
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Corgi Charity is lucky to have you and Taggert join their efforts. Your Wallet and Tote will make an excellent profit for their funds. Destiny is quite talented with her Corgi Embroidery skills. Blissful Days Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna