October 30, 2015

Toe Dancing...

Brynwood Needleworks - Hedwig Socks
Remember last week when I told you how I was concerned about starting the second sock of my Harry Potter-themed yarn? I said my Type A was going to hate be mildly peeved if I couldn't make them match.
Brynwood Needleworks - Hedwig Socks
After I completed the first sock, I started on the second. It was off by about five rows, so I took my knitting off the needles and held the yarn where it needed to start in order to carry on the same pattern into the second sock.

I pulled enough extra yarn for my long-tail cast-on and started again. I cast sixty stitches onto my needle, divided them between three double points and then started knitting again. This time, the pattern for the second sock was spot on!
Brynwood Needleworks - Hedwig Socks
All I have left to knit is the foot shaping and into the toe. I think my Saturday will be filled with Hedwig yarn, and end with another pair of completed Christmas socks. How will you spend your Saturday?
 Oh, and don't forget to set your clocks back before you go to bed tonight!
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. oh Donna...thank goodness you got the yarn fixed so the socks were the same. I don't think I could have worn them otherwise. ~grin~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, these are fabulous!! And they are spot on with the design!! How very clever of you and super tricky to do in my mind!! I am going to try that on my next pair of socks if I can figure it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! It is worth the extra effort to get the socks matching. So much more satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having Halloween Fun that is the BEST! All Treats and No Tricks...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna