October 29, 2015

Hello, Darcy...

Brynwood Needleworks - Janome 3160 QDC
I promised to show you my newest machine today, so may I introduce "Darcy"? I've chosen this brand new Janome 3160 QDC sewing machine for a number of reasons.
Brynwood Needleworks - Janome 3160 QDC
This little lady will be carried to sew-ins, Nifty 50s gatherings, retreats, and when we travel in the Flying Cloud. She only weighs twelve pounds, but she's big on features.

She has sixty stitches, including 6 one-step buttonholes; needle-up/down features, one-hand needle threader; auto thread cutter; a free-arm; and many other features found in full size machines.
Brynwood Needleworks - Janome 3160 QDC
Additionally, she has an included sewing table, so that I have more space when working on quilt blocks, or other items where having the extra area will come in handy.

Did I say she only weighs twelve pounds? That was a huge motivator for a number of reasons.

Now, in case you're wondering how I came up with her name...My initials are "DC"(too), and my nickname around here is "Deece", but I wasn't going to have a "Deece, Jr.", so I had to come up with something different. "Darcy" came to mind, and I kept coming back to it. It seemed to suit her, so "Darcy" she shall be.
Brynwood Needleworks - Coffee Pouch
What to make for our maiden project? As luck would have it, I got a phone call yesterday morning. I had made a few zippered pouches as Christmas gifts a few years ago.

I was told that this gift had been used every day since as a makeup carrier, was much-loved, and that the zipper had finally broken. Would I please make another?
Brynwood Needleworks - Coffee Pouch Interior
Well, when I'm asked a sweet request like that, how can I possibly refuse? (No way!) I pulled out my fabrics (she asked to stay in the same theme as last time, even though it was for makeup), and Darcy and I went to work.
I'll mail this out today, with a tiny love note tucked inside (see the label?). Darcy and I are going to get along just fine!
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. YAY...your Janome has a name! Darcy is fitting, for sure and I know you two will be very happy working together. Cute little pouch, by the way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on acquiring Darcy. She looks like she will be quite the little workhorse for you. Her maiden make-up pouch is wonderful. Yow and Darcy will have many miles and many smiles of sewing together. Creative Darcy Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like new toys to get the creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna