October 1, 2015

Work Before Play...

Brynwood Needleworks - Destiny Before Cleaning
I started the day choosing linens, linings and tapes to create new project totes.
Once I'd chosen everything, I cut out the fabrics, stabilizers, tapes and pulled hardware
It took me most of the morning, but by lunchtime, I was ready to start sewing.
Brynwood Needleworks - Destiny Being Cleaned
After I've been giving Destiny a workout, I always stop to change needles and
and then I check "under the hood" to see if I need to clean out the "foop". 
 
Man, it was a dusty, fuzzy mess in there, so I needed to take the time to do a 
little maintenance before I could start working on the next line of projects.
Brynwood Needleworks - Destiny Clean!
It took about an hour of careful attention, but I got Destiny back to normal.

Brynwood Needleworks - Destiny "Sparkling"
She was really sparkling "all under" when I was finished - and chomping at the
bit to start something before the end of the day. I was glad that I'd kitted all my
fabrics and supplies. All I had to do was choose which one I wanted to do first.
Brynwood Needleworks - Medium Linen Butterfly Project Tote
This one is heading over to my Etsy shop right now. By the end of the day today, there
 will be four more - in some gorgeous, hand-dyed linens. Destiny and I are up to it!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Createology said...

As I was sewing yesterday for just a bit I wondered about all the others sewing and if they clean their machines regularly. Your post is so timely you must have read my mind dear. Destiny has a lovely mechanism under her hood and I can see that you take very good care of her. You and she make a wonderful team and produce the best projects. Loving your newest style totes. Falling Into Autumn Bliss...

Jacque. said...

I cleaned out Naomi just before I moved...she is ready to go...if ever I am! Love the bag!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails