October 1, 2015

Work Before Play...

Brynwood Needleworks - Destiny Before Cleaning
I started the day choosing linens, linings and tapes to create new project totes.
Once I'd chosen everything, I cut out the fabrics, stabilizers, tapes and pulled hardware
It took me most of the morning, but by lunchtime, I was ready to start sewing.
Brynwood Needleworks - Destiny Being Cleaned
After I've been giving Destiny a workout, I always stop to change needles and
and then I check "under the hood" to see if I need to clean out the "foop". 
 
Man, it was a dusty, fuzzy mess in there, so I needed to take the time to do a 
little maintenance before I could start working on the next line of projects.
Brynwood Needleworks - Destiny Clean!
It took about an hour of careful attention, but I got Destiny back to normal.

Brynwood Needleworks - Destiny "Sparkling"
She was really sparkling "all under" when I was finished - and chomping at the
bit to start something before the end of the day. I was glad that I'd kitted all my
fabrics and supplies. All I had to do was choose which one I wanted to do first.
Brynwood Needleworks - Medium Linen Butterfly Project Tote
This one is heading over to my Etsy shop right now. By the end of the day today, there
 will be four more - in some gorgeous, hand-dyed linens. Destiny and I are up to it!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. As I was sewing yesterday for just a bit I wondered about all the others sewing and if they clean their machines regularly. Your post is so timely you must have read my mind dear. Destiny has a lovely mechanism under her hood and I can see that you take very good care of her. You and she make a wonderful team and produce the best projects. Loving your newest style totes. Falling Into Autumn Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cleaned out Naomi just before I moved...she is ready to go...if ever I am! Love the bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna