October 6, 2015

Number Thirty Two...

Brynwood Needleworks - #32 Corgi Picnic Wallet
I finished my thirty second wallet yesterday. This one is a donation to the Florida Corgi Picnic in November. Proceeds will benefit the CorgiAid charity.
Brynwood Needleworks - #32 Corgi Picnic Wallet
Not only does it have the usual interior security tab (with a snap closure), wrist strap, shoulder strap and key fob, I now add a special lining that protects credit cards with the new WI-FI chip from hackers and signal thieves. All of my wallets created after September 1st have this extra protection.
Brynwood Needleworks - Threads
Funny story: I was nearly finished with the wallet, with only sewing up the side gussets as my last step when I realized I had only inches of thread left. I looked through ALL my spools of thread (see the photo) trying to find a match - without luck.

The only thread that matched in all my assortments, was on two bobbins! I had to put one bobbin in the top of my machine, and one bobbin in the bobbin case. Crazy! Anyway, thread loaded, I finished the wallet. It only mattered because it was a top-stitch area, so this Type A had to make it match.
Brynwood Needleworks - Corgi Tote In Progress
With the wallet accomplished, I turned my attention to a nearly matching color thread to start on the coordinating tote.

I got the exterior pocket assembly done and the parts for the rest of the tote cut out by the time I headed out to Paneras for knitting with the girls. (That second sock is almost finished now, too!) Both will be finished by the end of the day today, and you'll get photos tomorrow.

Oh, yeah. It's a good week so far - and it just keeps looking up from here!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Your work is so exquisite I can easily understand your need to match thread EXACTLY! This ought to really help the Corgi Charity. How interesting about the lining that is RFID. I always learn sew much. Creative Corgi Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wallet! I just love your projects. Being a Type A is not so bad when you are crafty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna