October 8, 2015

I Don't Do Chaos...

Brynwood Needleworks - Knitting Vignette - Making Socks
I finished the Corgi Tote Set on Wednesday and then I left the studio for the night. I walked back into the studio yesterday to see the mess I left behind me. Utter chaos!

I'm not very productive in a messy environment, so I had to start by cleaning up my workspace. I put everything away, tossed those bits and bobs too small to use again, and then washed my flat surfaces (fabric dust really builds up!) and vacuumed the room (I still have carpet in there, ugh). My last task was to clean up Destiny again.
Rowenta Pressure Iron & Steamer - Web Image
Once I'd tidied up the joint, there were a few of Handsome's cotton shirts that needed my attention. I turned on my Rowenta Pressure Iron & Steamer to get those wrinkles out of his shirts. It didn't take long, and once they were put away, I could turn my attention to another project.

I do want to mention that my pressure iron is perfect for all my sewing projects, too. It really puts a crisp finish to anything that needs to be ironed, without distorting shapes. Simply put the iron to the seam and pull the trigger for a blast of directed hot steam.

If you're contemplating a new iron, I highly recommend this one. (I'm not compensated for this review.) It uses spring water in the reservoir, and I can sew for hours without having to refill it. 

So, that was all finished, and I vacuumed the rest of the house (did I tell you Corgis shed...a lot?) so I could sit down, guilt-free. What to do next? What to do?
Brynwood Needleworks - Knitting Vignette Yarn Bowl
Work on my socks! I pulled out my yarn bowl - a gift from my friend, Tammy - and got back to knitting. 
Clean laundry room.
Clean home.
Clean studio.
 Creating...anything...
Happy me!
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. You've been a busy girl. know what you mean about a mess though ,I get in tornado zone and just have to stop and clean up so I can just find things lol ,especially when making cards.
    Love the colourful yarn for the socks and the dish is brilliant I've not seen one of those before.I have socks I started last winter and the yarn is so this I just can't get on with it.
    Love n hugs Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Donna. It does help my creativity to have a tidy place. Love the yarn bowl...which reminded me that I hadn't yet run across mine. Aren't they the greatest invention? ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mercy! You'd have a fit and fall in it in this house. Chaos is what's done here only slowly. One morning, Mom asked what I was going to do, I told her, "I just get up in the morning and decide which fire needs to be put out first." Then I start running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I can see you in horror when you saw your studio and realized it was a mess. I am quite fine working in the chaos...however I do like to clean it up from time to time...only to make a chaotic mess again. And so it goes...round and round and round. Love your knitting bowl and resulting socks. Friday Finishes Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we just have to clean before we can feel creative. My living room windows are on my radar today, because they have been on my mind for way too long and changing to my winter drapes will give me a huge sense of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna