October 11, 2015

There's No Such Thing As Bored At Brynwood...

Brynwood Needleworks - Socks Knitted With Lorna's Laces Yarn
I finished out the week with a pair of completed socks! Using Lorna's Laces yarn in a colorway called "Spring Forward", I knit up this pair with Christmas in mind.
Brynwood Needleworks - Socks Knitted With Lorna's Laces Yarn
I haven't decided who will receive them yet, but I know I'll be making more pairs between now and December. I'll choose "who gets what" closer to wrapping day.
Brynwood Needleworks - Socks Knitted With Lorna's Laces Yarn
For now, they're folded and packaged in my special cello bags to keep them safe and clean. I'll turn my thoughts to the next pair.
Brynwood Needleworks - Sock Yarns
I adore sock yarn and making socks. They're a simple, but warm gift to give to loved ones. The yarns come in so many different colorways and choices of fibers.

I pulled these three from my "sock yarn stash" (Yes. I have one of those, too.) so that I could set up the next pair for one of my portable projects.

The first two are Lorna's Laces' "Ice Storm", produced in January of 2008, so I've had it a while. The middle one is a sock weight from Rowan. It's made from a blend of merino wool, kid mohair, polymide and mulberry silk. The third one is another limited edition colorway. It's from a series they created for a Harry Potter line.
Brynwood Needleworks - Opal Sock Harry Potter Yarn - Hedwig
This particular colorway is "Hedwig", after Harry's owl. This is the yarn I decided to make up next. I already have it on my double pointed needles, and it will wait until I need a portable project again.
This week, here's what's on my plate: A custom order for another "Strawberry Blossom Strawberry Sachet"; a custom machine embroidery order for an embroidered framed mat; a vest for Handsome (He needs it for a gig tomorrow night, so I'll be making it today); more project totes (I'm selling them as fast as I list them in my Etsy shop! Thank you!!); finish a pineapple block table runner; and pack up more belongings for our eventual move.

Let me remind you...There's no such thing as bored at our house!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Of course you have a sock yarn stash dear...I wouldn't expect anything less. Your finished pair is lovely and will make a wonderful gift. Knitting and cooler weather really seem to go together. Unfortunately I didn't learn to knit very well from my Grandma. I did see you shared the pattern on FB. Knitted Socks Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours ,I love cheerful socks.I think you are wonderful,I can't get on with sock yarn it's so darn thin.lol.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna