October 2, 2015

Playing With Hand-Dyed Linen...

Brynwood Needleworks - Linen "Roses" Project Tote
I finished two more project totes yesterday. This one was completed in the morning before I headed off to lunch with a girlfriend.

I pulled two pieces from my assortment of hand-dyed linens, and then chose the twill tape to coordinate with them. I'm quite happy with the way they came together.
Brynwood Needleworks - Linen "Carnations" Project Tote
The "Roses" project tote is a true one-of-a-kind, as I have no more of this fabric and it was hand-dyed years ago. I seriously doubt that I'd find a match for it now.
 
I do have one more piece of the linen used in the "Carnations" tote, so I could do another one at a later date. The color is a beautiful shade of gray/mauve/rose. This one came together after I got back home from lunch, and I really like the soft fabric and colors in both of them.
 
You can find more photos and information in my Etsy shop: BrynwoodNeedleworks.
I'll be starting another charity project today, and hope to have it finished by the end of the weekend. It needs to be on its way to Florida Corgi Picnic headquarters next week! 
 
The event is in November, but we want it to have some exposure before the big weekend. It's going to have machine embroidery on it, so I'll start that this morning. Everything else comes after that's done. I'll share photos soon.
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful bags, Donna!!! Hand-dyed linen...how intriguing. I used to dye wool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With elegance and grace you are creating lovely tote bags that are unique and beautiful. Creative Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tote! Love this color of linen with the tape you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna