September 27, 2023

The Stitching Has Commenced...

 
It may look pretty bare so far, but believe me when I say I already have hour upon hour into my Koi at this point. I'm becoming more and more a perfectionist as I work on these pieces. The materials are not inexpensive, so there's that. More importantly, as this is a class in technique, I want to be able to show improvement from class assignment to class assignment.

All the padding was completed on Monday, and I did the body outline and details late day yesterday. Handsome and I had much needed hair appointments early afternoon, so that took a chunk out of the day, but there was still enough daylight for me to sit in front of the dining room windows to work on my little fish once we got back to the farmhouse. Besides, we both really needed those haircuts. 
 
It was humid enough yesterday - and I was baking a surprise batch of cookies for Handsome while he was at rehearsal - that my too-long locks curled up so much I looked like a high school gym teacher from the '70s. (You can laugh. Everyone does when I say that because we all had a gym teacher who had really curly hair, so everyone knows what I mean.) I'm back to a shorter style, although not as short as when we were in Florida. I feel like me again.

I'll be working on more of my fish today. My goal is to have all the needlework done by the next session on Saturday, so there's no time to dally. I best get back to it so I'm not rushing at the end. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I'll be back tomorrow to show you how far I got today.

8 comments:

  1. The Koi looks great already.
    Can't wait to see more embellishments.
    A haircut always makes you feel better!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks! I spent half the day working on it today, so I hope you like what you see tomorrow.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. The fish looks wonderful already and I could happily call it done at this point. I know what you'll add will just make it that much better.
    As for haircuts - I haven't had a 'real' cut since Covid hit. Resident Chef has discovered he has hidden talents and in so doing, has saved me a TON of money. I'm not fussy about how I look so I'm perfectly happy with his efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks, but I hope you like it even more as I work on it this week. How fortunate for you that Resident Chef is so talented and inclined. I'm afraid that Handsome wouldn't fare as well. I've cut his hair and he's quite happy with it, but I think he likes visiting with my girlfriend who owns the salon. It's a short jaunt for the two of us to go the same day, and we both get to spend time catching up. Fortunately, as the owner of her salon, she doesn't charge half of what I used to pay the owner of the Aveda Salon I visited monthly in Sarasota, FL. (He was worth it, too!)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Your Koi fish already looks wonderful. I can see the hours you have into it so far. As for haircuts I cannot bear to have my hair cut. I bravely got 8 inches cut off last Nov. 2022. If I were a “plumber” you would only see my long hair when bent over. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks, hon. I'm glad you can see what I've put into it so far. I need to tell myself to take breaks or, when I do finally try to stand up, it's a real sight to see. I have to wake everything up again! lol I've had my hair short for so long that this past week was especially trying. A little humidity and I get almost spit curls! I shudder to think what it would look like long again. I'll probably never know.
      Big hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. The Koi is looking so good already, can't wait to see how you will have him dressed for the Black Tie Affair. I know you will do him proud.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks for the vote of confidence! I hope you like how I fill him out in the coming days.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna