September 29, 2023

That Went Well...

 
I completed my Koi piece yesterday afternoon. It went faster than I expected, and I managed to take multiple "Tag" breaks, too! Every time I stood up to take a breather, I took Tag outside and we walked around for a while.  He sure liked the program, and I got a chance to stretch, too.


If you compare Clara's koi with mine, you can see where I chose to insert my own personality into it. I changed the fibers used on the top of the head, and I completely changed up the tail. I decided that the tail is actually a fin, too, so I gave it the same treatment as the side fins. 

I have to admit, I'm pretty chuffed over how it turned out, and now it's time to pick up the things I'll need for the way I want to finish it. Handsome and I are running out this morning just to look for supplies. 

Saturday is our finishing class, and as I said earlier, Clara asked for other finishing suggestions. I'm hoping that I'll be completely done by Saturday so I can show her how I finished mine. 

Handsome and I are going to take care of the dogs (and I'll take care of the cats), and we'll make our shopping plans over a cup of morning coffee. Then we'll be off on errands. If I get this done today, I'll share the results with you tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is a beaut - chuff away! 😊 I think it's my favorite so far! Koi are so lovely swimming about in the water, and your piece captures it so well! Looking forward to the finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lois. You're so kind. I think you're on to something. Wait until tomorrow's post!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I really think your changes make the piece so much better. Have a great weekend. Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      Thanks so much! I showed it to my teacher yesterday and she said she likes mine better. I was gobsmacked! Hope you have a great weekend, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Shhh…don’t tell Clara however I do like your Koi better. The tail fin is much nicer than on hers. Happy errand shopping today. I’m off to catch up with two girlfriends who have each been gone for the summer. There will be lots of “chin waggin” and cackling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Actually, when I showed mine to her today, she said she likes mine better, too. Can't wait for our class. I hope you had a perfect day with your girlfriends! Sounds like it will be great fun.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. It looks stunning Donna - well done!! I think your changes made it even better than the original. Now I can hardly wait to see how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much, hon. I'm humbled. Truly. I'm sharing my idea for the finish tomorrow. Hope you like it!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Oh he is so handsome, definitely ready for a night on the town.
    Enjoy the class and the weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Shirley:
      Can't wait for tomorrow's class. Happy weekend to you, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna