December 10, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - Cool Pictures...

Brynwood Needleworks - Cool Dude

 Hi, Everybody!!
 
I'm comin' to you this week from the comfort of Dad's chair in our livin' room.

Mom and I wanted to share some pictures from her new trail camera this week. I'm learnin' that there are some really interesting critters out in our yard. Now, all I have to do is figure out where she's stashed this camera thingy, so I can get a first-hand look at all of them!

Brynwood Needleworks - Ten Bluejays

We thought this picture was really interestin', 'cuz all along, Mom's been thinkin' that there are only four bluejays hangin' around the farmhouse. Until she saw this picture, and now she knows that they must be comin' to the apple tree in two shifts! Count 'em! There are ten bluejays in this picture.

Brynwood Needleworks - Mr. Squirrel

Actually, I can't see this squirrel's ground tackle to know whether or not it's a boy or girl. So, I'm gonna go with boy, until I see more evidence to the contrary. This is a critter I'd seriously like to chase!

Brynwood Needleworks - Little Opossum

We've been seein' 'possums at the feeders on the apple tree, but now we know that this little one is livin' in the "habitat" Mom created late last summer right in the background of this picture. She took cut down brush and tree branches and stacked them into a nice pile. Then, she took all the long grass from her and Dad's yard work and tossed them on top of the branches. There were at least ten loads!

After it rained, she tossed more on top, making nice warm and dry places for opossums or other critters to bed down for the winter. After this picture, there were about six more, showin' this possum climbin' up into one of the cubby holes and right down into a nice deep den to sleep (with a full belly).

Brynwood Needleworks - Two Crows

Mom learned a poem when she was a kid, and as an adult, she designed (and sold) a sampler chart called "Wee Crows Seven". This is the verse:
"One crow, sorrow;
Two crows, joy;
Three crows, a letter;
Four crows, a boy.
Five crows, silver;
Six crows, gold;
Seven crows, a secret, 
never to be told."

Count 'em! Two crows tellin' us what we already know. We have joy abounding and everlasting, here  at the farmhouse.

 I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 

2 comments:

  1. Tag this is a wonderful new view into the world of nightlife and critters. You are so Lucky that Mom is sharing her photos with you. Awesome Possom...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure can tell you like outdoors and animals
    Very nice photagraphs you do everything
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna