December 18, 2019

Another Day, Another Party...

Brynwood Needleworks - Pincushions - Made By Me

I attended our annual Primitive Gatherings "Sewcial Sisters" Christmas party at Lisa Bongean's home yesterday. Great food, good friends, and a fun time.

Rather than ornaments this year, we decided to exchange pincushions. I made a teacup pincushions and decorative pins for my exchange gift, and one of my Harris (the Tweed Rabbit) pincushions for our hostess. After I photographed this pair, I decided to embroider a heart on the rabbit, but didn't retake the photo. I chose one of Lisa's own hand dyed wools called "Dirty Snowman", so I told her this was a snow bunny.

This pincushion is available as a digital pattern in my Etsy shop. I also have paper patterns available. You can find the digital version HERE, if you'd like to make one (or ten) as gifts. They stitch up in about an hour.

Brynwood Needleworks - Exchange Pincushion

This is the beautiful wool pincushion I selected (blindly) from the gift bags. Isn't it beautiful? I love the colors and craftsmanship.

Brynwood Needleworks - My Pincushion Creator

About now, I could kick myself for not knowing the names of all our group members. I deeply apologize for not being able to tell you the name of the lovely lady who made mine, but I did managed to get a photo of her as she showed off her latest quilt during Show & Tell. I did, however, thank her profusely for her great pincushion. (We really need to have name tags so we can all know each other's names - or at least I can learn them, as they've all known each other longer than I've been in the group.)

Brynwood Needleworks - Exchange Pincushions

We took pictures of all the exchanged pincushions after every one had been gifted. My friend, Jodi got my teacup set, and Kathy D. made the one with the deer lid. Jodi made the square one with the wool pennies next to it. They're all so wonderful, and I'm pretty sure that everyone was a winner in this exchange. Mine's already in the studio, where I can use and enjoy it. 
 
Decorating has commenced at the farmhouse, and more signs of Christmas will be brought up today. I have a doctor's appointment this morning, so when I get back home, we'll be busy elves! See you tomorrow.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. They all so nice The tea cup is wonderful
    Hope the holiday bring great joy
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pincushions are woolunderful. Pretty and Practical. Creative Bliss...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna