December 17, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - Cookies!...

Brynwood Needleworks - Awfully Comfortable

Hi, Everybody!

Today I'm comin' to you from a much most comfortable place. I'm up on the bed!! It's a very cushy place, and I think I'll just stay here while we chat this week.

Now, Saturday was another matter. If dogs aren't on the furniture, and there's somethin' goin' on in the kitchen, that's where you're gonna find us. Mom was makin' cookies, so you'd better believe I was gonna be under foot.

Brynwood Needleworks - Bear Paw Cookie Fails

So, it was real interestin' to me when Mom started mumblin' to herself. Then, she called Dad in and said, "This isn't workin'." I got curious. What wasn't workin'? It smelled perfectly delicious to me, even down there on the floor (me, not the cookies).

Seems Mom was gonna try out a new recipe for this year's Christmas Cookie Exchange, and it wasn't meetin' her exactin' standards. Hrrumph! What was her problem?

She said I should share the recipe with you, so if you click HERE you can read the recipe and see what she was tryin' to make. I guess last year she made those fun polar bear cookies, so this year she wanted to say she only found its tracks. Funny, right?

Well, she said the first two trays of the cookies in the recipe were flat, and didn't look at all like the cookies in the pictures. So, she decided to make cutout cookies instead, and put the paw print on those. But when she tasted the dark chocolate on top of the cutout cookies, she said they weren't sweet enough. By now I'm shakin' my head, and Dad knew his best bet was to stay out of the kitchen.

Brynwood Needleworks - Christmas Cookie Win!

In the blink of an eye, Mom changed direction and said, "I'm goin' back to what I know always works." Just like that, she was makin' Christmas tree and star cutout cookies. She told Dad she was even usin' his mom's cookie cutter to make the trees.

By 10:30 Saturday night, all the cookies were made and frosted, and Mom was one happy person. I might have even licked a spoon when she was done!

You know the sayin', right? Happy Mom. Happy Dad. Happy Dogs. (Oh. You haven't heard that one? Well, you have now!) Mom said that this week, she's also gonna make cookies just for Boo and me! We can hardly wait.

Next week is Christmas Week! You'd better believe I'll be back to see you again, and to show you how we've decorated the house. I've even got a few ideas of my own. heehee
 
 I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The Bear Paw cookies are very cute. Bitter chocolate is not as good to eat as sweet chocolate. Love the trees and stars. Licking the spoon is the best...and the bowl. I like to eat cookie batter more than the baked cookies...unless they are warm and fresh from the oven. YUM!!! Santa is getting near and the Magic is Everywhere...XO <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna