December 19, 2019

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

Brynwood Needleworks - Santa Ceramic

Handsome and I got busy decorating for Christmas! We brought all the boxes upstairs from their safe spot in the basement, and began opening them to deck the farmhouse in holiday finery. This is a piece I purchased a couple years ago from an antique shop in Plymouth, WI. I don't know who the maker is, but it reminds me of the beautiful Fitz & Floyd ceramic pieces, and I got it for a song!

Brynwood Needleworks - Our 2019 Christmas Tree
 
Of course, we got our tree set up, and then had fun unwrapping nearly fifty years of ornaments - some from before we even knew each other. I always think of Mom Grace when I take out this tree skirt. She taught me how to quilt, too, and this was the official first quilted project I ever made. I miss her.
 
We have more to do, but we sat in our living room last night, enjoying the glow from our tree. I'll share more photographs as we finish placing our treasures. I'll be setting up our Nativity today, along with a few other pieces. I'll also be sewing in the studio. I'm soooo glad I have elves to help!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Your decorations are perfect. I love timeless treasures that have been collected over many years and each one with so much meaning and love. Santa is coming very soon...I Believe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna