December 5, 2019

A Lovely Surprise...

Brynwood Needleworks - Mason Cash Batter Bowl
 
Over the past ten years of my daily posts, I've developed dear friends, some of whom I've had the great good fortune to meet in person, and some I've never met (yet). They've read my heart over these years, and I've learned about them from their comments, or through private messages shared with me. 
 
I've so enjoyed the times that I've been able to spend a coffee, lunch, or an entire day with my blog friends, but, I also cherish the many exchanged written thoughts from friends far away. We've shared more than messages, too. Often, we exchange small tokens of friendship, but I've also received gifts for both me and the farmhouse. 
 
You can imagine my surprise when, out of the blue, a box arrived from a mail order company addressed to me. (I often have some hint from the sender when something is on its way.) I wasn't expecting anything from this company, and was curious about it contents, which were addressed to me. Who could have sent it?
 
I won't write her name here, but I'll share her initials - T(J)A from Tennessee. She sent a Mason Cash (British) batter bowl to me. It has a forest/woodland theme with trees, leaves, and owls embossed around the bowl. I never even wrote about the owls that had been hooting in our front yard all fall! It's like she already knew.

I was and am humbled by her most generous gift, and while I've already sent an effusive thank you card her way, you have to know that I'll be working on something as special for her as the wonderful gift she sent my way.

Thank you again, T. I love, love, LOVE it, and it's already been pressed into service since its arrival. When it's resting, it will hold a place of honor in our kitchen. Know that I count you among my blessings. I'm such a Lucky Girl!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. This is a very lovely bowl and extremely thoughtful of your Tennessee friend. It will be an heirloom treasure for you and your family dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna