November 1, 2019

"Snowloween"...

Brynwood Needleworks - Bella, Snow Dog
 
We woke up yesterday to a wild snowstorm. It got heavier and continued most of the day, dropping a few inches of snow over that time. The wind was blowing, so it caused significant drifting in front of our big barn. Apparently, Autumn decided to dress as Winter for Halloween. She did a stellar job, too!

Bella was intrigued by the weather, and believe me, she really wanted to run around when we took her out in the yard. She scoped the whole yard, hunting for squirrels, or other critters looking for something to eat. (I left all the hickory nuts for the squirrels and chipmunks this year.)

Brynwood Needleworks - Snow At The Farmhouse

It was beautiful to look at, but it was really cold once we got outside. Handsome and I were toasty, all bundled up, as we got the tractor out of the barn and moved some of the drifts. I also took the shovel to the porch for the first time. (Reminder: Start at the top of the steps. Don't work up from the bottom. lol)

Brynwood Needleworks - Snow Birds

The birds were all fluffed up, foraging and eating at the feeders, which they quickly emptied. Once our road was plowed, we headed to Fleet Farm and bought big bags of feed that will help the birds through this wintry surprise. Before the end of the day, we went around and refilled all the feeders, and I made sure the one I left in the Compass Barn for the opossums was filled, in case Fuzzy Butt and his friends show up soon.

We don't know if this snow is going to hang around, but we're planning that it will. That means, I'm staying inside to sew, and going out only to make sure the feeders are filled. So October 31, 2019 is now in the books as the first "Snowloween" since I was a kid. Talk about a really chiller!

Oh, my gosh!!!! It's NOVEMBER 1ST!!! I'd better get busy. I have a big craft fair event on November 24th. I've got a 10' x 10' booth to fill. Grab my sewing machine. Today, I flyyyyyy!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna - I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowloween is no fun for anyone. Winter is here on with very cold temps and still no rain in 137 days. Bella looks good stretching her legs on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna