November 25, 2019

It Was A Great Day...

Brynwood Needleworks - Weekend Booth Setup
 
My youngest sister helped me work in the booth yesterday, and I really regret I didn't get a photo with her beautiful self with me! She took this one, so we had a record of how the booth looked before we got any customers.

We were busy all day, and sales were better than last year! I even had customers who purchased last year, come back for more. I think that's the best validation for what I do. We drove back to the farmhouse last night "happy, happy".  

I like how our small booth looked, but think when I go back next year, there will be fewer tables and more vertical displays. I've got some great ideas from other bagmakers and how they set up their booths, and I'll take that to heart next year. I'm also thinking about adding another venue around the same time.

I took Posey, thinking she might want to move to a new home, but (happily) she came back home with me. As it was, she brought a lot of people into my booth, giving me the opportunity to spread the word about cork - and add a few sales at the same time.

I've found two of my designs that aren't selling as much as they used to, so I think I'm going to mark them down for closeout, to make room for new designs in the coming months. I'll be discounting  them in my Etsy shop in the next day or so. You'll have to check my shop to see which ones I'll closeout (I'll put it in the title), if you're interested in a good (and even better price point) idea for gift-giving. 

Handsome is having cataract surgery this morning, so I'll be working on my Etsy shop while I wait. New things will be photographed and listed after we get back home. I think I'll take it easy - no sewing - for the next few days. Instead, I'll be planning for a family Thanksgiving, and be grateful for all the blessings in my life...including you!

Tag will be back tomorrow. Who knows what he's got planned for this week, but I'm sure he'll be his usual irreverent self! Come back to check. See you again on Wednesday!

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Happy for you that you had a successful sale.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew you would have a very successful and wonderful day! Your beautiful smile and sincere personality are a magnet. Also, your bags and wallets are sew professionally sewn and designed. Prayers for Handsome this morning. Blessings and Rest Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I have been looking at Posey for a long time, I just don't quite know where I would put her. Maybe when I finish all of my sorting and decluttering. Maybe when I get the house the way I want it, I will find a place for her. You just never know. I'm glad you had such a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your sales! Loved seeing your setup & you! You read my mind...was wondering how you set up your space and how your sales went! I have decided to treat myself to another "Donna" wallet...will be checking out your shop soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna