November 20, 2019

New Ensemble Bags...

Brynwood Needleworks - Azteca and Denim Ensemble Bags

I was on track to complete three Ensemble Bags yesterday, but ended my workday with only two. I did a perfect job of installing the interior zipper pocket and slip pocket on the lining for the third, only to realize as I went to put the exterior and lining together, that I'd rotated the lining by one seam (there are four).

You can see that the design of these bags involves higher sides and lower front. There's a seam in the center front and back, as well as a seam on each side. Rather than installing the interior compartments on the center of the back lining seam, I perfectly installed it on one of the side seams. sigh

Rather than stop and cut all the new lining pieces, I opted to forge ahead on the other two bags, and these are the results. I'm calling the one on the left "Azteca", although Handsome said he thinks the fabric design resembles an owl. The one on the right is "Denim". Both have cork side pockets, interior slip and zippered compartments, an adjustable strap, and a magnetic closure.

I'm not listing them in my shop yet, as I'm taking them with me to the show this weekend. I'll definitely make more of these designs after the weekend. 

Today, I'll be making Bella Totes. I want to have a nice assortment for the show, so I'm planning to make at least four in different cork color combinations. I'm really having fun with this process, and so far, am on schedule. My plan is to be finished sewing by end-of-day Thursday so I can spend the rest of the week setting up my inventory in my Square hardware, marking prices on each bag, and completing my booth setup. I hope you won't mind me sharing my progress as I work toward Sunday. For now, it's time to get back to work! See you tomorrow...

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Love both of those colour ways,and just my style of bag.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Dear your sewing and workmanship is exquisite. Lovely bags. I look forward to seeing your booth setup. Happy Sewing...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna