November 11, 2019

Elizabeth's Day...

Brynwood Needleworks - Elizabeth's Pillow

The celebration was yesterday, so I can share my completed gift. I made a pillow for the nursery, featuring a machine embroidered monogram, and my great-great niece's name and birth date on the front. I have this beautiful fabric that features nursery rhyme characters used for the borders and back.

Brynwood Needleworks - Elizabeth With Mommy and Daddy

Baby Elizabeth is wearing the Christening gown/coat that I made for her daddy's celebration when he was just a wee boy. I'm so glad that they are carrying on the tradition of using it for their family baptisms.

Brynwood Needleworks - Elizabeth With Pastor Bob
 
This is Pastor Bob, who performed the beautiful ceremony. The entire service was a congregation-wide embrace of Elizabeth entering into their flock, and into the fellowship of God. It was really a perfect way to welcome this new baby into their midst. I especially love this photograph, both for the genuine affection in Pastor Bob's face, and also for the expression on Elizabeth's. 
 
I'm so glad I was able to attend as another witness to the day this child was dedicated by her parents into the loving arms of their church. May she grow in His grace, protected by her parents, her family, her church, and her faith.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna