November 29, 2019

Celebrating Home...

Brynwood Needleworks - Vintage Tablecloth Turned Into Quilt
 
I finally finished the tablecloth I started last year. I shared HERE how I started with a vintage tablecloth and turned it into a table quilt. My friend, Kathy D. helped me set it up on her longarm machine, and after two days at her house, I had a completed quilted tablecloth. All I had left to do was trim and bind the edge.
 
I was so gassed from the quilting part, that I set it aside...until Wednesday afternoon.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Dining Room Table

I cut the fabric for the binding to match the backing, and after I was finished making the binding, I attached it to the quilt. A mere three hours later, I declared it done! Handsome helped me put it on the table, and I added the pumpkin table runner, which fit the quilt design perfectly.

Yesterday, family sat around the table and enjoyed a meal prepared without our oven. After everyone went home, and the kitchen was cleaned up, I made a cup of tea and walked into the dining room to look at the tablecloth again before turning out the lights...pretty happy that I hadn't delayed another year before completing it.

If you quilt - or even if you don't - this is a great way to update a vintage tablecloth. I have a few Christmas ones that I'd love to do the same way. I think I may get out my small one (with Christmas drums all around it), and quilt it on one of my own machines. But I don't think I'll plan to finish it before Christmas. It's nearly December, and that means it will be time to begin Christmas gifts!

That's for another day. Today, I'll be staying home...celebrating my happy life, and counting my blessings. See you tomorrow!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. WOW, that is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing, I would love to do this with some of my Christmas table covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tablecloth is beautiful!
    What a great idea.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vintage table cloth turned into table quilt is now a beautiful heirloom. Your table looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna