June 12, 2018

Tuesdays With Tag - Another Reason To Hang Out In The Yard...

Fireside Dog
 
Hi, Everybody!
 
Yup. I'm comin' to you this week from our backyard...at night!
 We have a new addition to our yard. Dad surprised Mom with a brand new firepit!
 
Our Farmhouse Firepit

Bella and I watched as Mom and Dad put it together, and then we all helped move it to the upper yard. We're gonna have a concrete pad poured for it, but for now, it's sittin' on the concrete we have for our burn barrel.

Dad brought down wood from our shed, and before dark, we had a roarin' fire goin'. It was so nice. We all sat around, lookin' at the Milky Way and fireflies. Mom made s'mores, but she wouldn't share. Dogs can't have chocolate, you know.
 
Night Shift Guard Dog
 
Since that first night, Mom and Dad have even made dinner on the swing-out grill. They didn't share that either, but it smelled tasty! 
 
I think one of these days, they should share with us, too. It's okay though. For now, we're happy just lyin' around, listenin' to the night noises (like the bird that goes "EEEK!"), and sniffin' damp grass by a warm fire. Not too close, though. We don't wanna get burned. It would give a whole new meanin' to "Handsome, Can you put the dog out?" hee hee

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...  
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Makin Summer Memories...Priceless! Tag maybe Dad could put a sweet potato on the grill for you and Bella. Love the grill and looking at the stars. Sweet Summer Smooches...xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna