June 13, 2018

"Flax Farm" Renamed...

"Flax Farm" Table Mat Renamed "Hickory Hill Farm" Table Mat

It's Finished!!

If you haven't seen this in process, the pattern is called "Flax Farm" from Primitive Gatherings. I modified about a third of the design, adding our Compass Barn, our dogs, and bluebirds. The backing fabric, a striped flannel, came in the pattern kit, and I really like it.

Table Mat Completed
 
I'm tickled with the way it turned out (Handsome likes it, too!), and now that it has my modifications, I've decided to go ahead and change the name to "Hickory Hill Farm".
 
It now occupies a place of honor on our dining room table. The perfect place, where I can see it every day...and smile. On to my next project...
 
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. I love it Donna,it’s beautiful.Love your additions to make it truly your own.Its really difficult to find thes wool kits in the U.K. so I’m quite envious.Looks lovely on the table.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I am certain Primitive Gatherings would agree. It is always sew nice when husbands like our creations. Happy Hump Day...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! It is always great fun to make something one's own with modifications (without changing the entire feel of the piece). Great job and your needlework is awesome, as usual! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect on your table, do love how you made it your own! Always enjoy your creations. Particularly love your pups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifyl! You inspire me to get started on my own. I love how you made changes to the original pattern - they're so appropriate, and fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna